New Year’s Eve is one of the biggest celebrations in Bali! Even though it is not an official Hindu celebration, people are excited, waiting to embrace the new year to come. Prepare for lots and lots of fireworks, music, and parties. Wash away the sins and sweets of 2016 off and get ready for a fresh, healthy and happy year in 2017. Bali is the place to be!
So, you got your tickets booked to spend this New Year’s Eve in Bali, The Island of Gods.
Private villa? Check! Now, where to go for an amazing start of the year 2017? Whether you want to be where the city explodes with liveliness so you can dance until the sun comes up or you seek a quieter place to retreat to in nature, Bali’s has it all! In today’s post, we give you an overview of where to go and what to do in different regions of the island.
New Year’s Eve in South Bali
South Bali is where it all happens! Tonnes of New Year’s Eve parties, fireworks, DJ’s and dinner feasts. Definitely, the place to be for those seeking action! Especially Kuta, Legian, and Seminyak are the most explosive and trending and it is wise to book your tickets up front. The wide beach that spreads out from Kuta to Seminyak is a busy place where people gather to celebrate New year together and watch the big carnival. For families staying in the south of Bali but wanting to avoid the party scene, visit the annual Puputan carnival on Badung Square. It starts right after the midnight fireworks and the giant handmade puppets are truly impressive. Sanur is the beach to watch Bali’s magical sunrise on the first day of 2017, enchanting indeed!
- W Bali – This high-end beach club has got a number of parties to choose from as well as multiple New Years Eve dinners. check it out!
- Double Six Rooftop – Budget friendly rooftop party by the beach with free entrance in the day. Prepare for happy hours, DJ’s and an awesome firework show from the 5th floor.
- Potato Head – Experience a Tropical Fire Dance at one of the most happening and iconic Beach Clubs of Bali. Potato Head will be transformed into a futuristic, psychedelic world with an intriguing Mask and Monkeys theme.
- KU DE TA – It’s Disco Flamengo time at KU DE TA, the iconic Beach Club of Seminyak. Get your Bali Tropicana outfit on and dance the night away after a spectacular firework show.
- Moonlite Kitchen and Bar – This is the place to go for a lavish rooftop 6-course dinner just before the evening burst.
- Cocoon Beach Club – A jungle-themed oceanfront party to go wild!
- Sky Garden – Party all night long till the sun comes out on the first day of the new year. Expect international DJ’s and all-round party madness. Dress with 1920ties style and flair for this Great Gatsby’s themed party.
- Hard Rock Cafe Bali – Get your disco vibes out at this Neon Glitter Party. Live music and DJ’s will keeps the grooves going, all you have to do is dance the night into 2017.
- Finns Beach club – Enjoy a free entrance 2-day festival at Finns Beach Club. Minimum spending fee applies and the fee depends on how close you are to the entertainment.There is a thrilling 18+ event from 10 pm to 3 am on New Year’s eve, and the next day, you can lounge by the poolside, as the festival continues.
- Vue Beach Club – A New Years Eve party with excellent DJ’s, fire dancers, and fireworks.
- Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua – Dress up in black with some splashes of gold and enjoy an exclusive 5-course Festive Gala Dinner in style while the internationally renowned singer-songwriter Anggun giving an amazing performance. Stick around for the New Year’s Countdown and watch the amazing fireworks show followed by the after party at Nikki Beach Bali.
- The St. Regis Bali Resort – Take your pick between the high-end dining restaurants at The St. Regis Bali Resort. Enjoy delicious food, great music and count yourself in for an unforgettable evening and a superb start of the new year!
- Karma Beach – Alice in Wanderlust – Get ready to go down the rabbit hole and spend the last day of the year at Karma Beach. Gaze at the jaw-dropping ocean view while lounging, swimming and partying to the music of top DJs. For the children, there is special Kids club during the day.
- Swiss Bell Resort Watu Jimbar – It’s retro night at the Swiss Bell Resort Watu Jimbar in Sanur. Join their New Year’s Eve dinner and Countdown Party, before watching the enchanting Bali sunrise on Sanur Beach and taking that New Year’s Dive in the Indian Ocean.
New Year’s Eve in central Bali
Far away in the mountains and jungle-fringed rivers of central Bali, you can make a perfect start of the new year! For those seeking a peaceful and quiet place, the Botanical Gardens of Bedugul makes a wonderful place to retreat to. Breathing in the fresh mountain air while surrounded by the magical nature of Bali island. For those seeking culture and a party, go the Ubud. The cultural heart of Bali is alive and happening this New Year’s Eve.
Bedugul Botanical Gardens – A huge, stunning tropical garden in the Bedugul area of Bali, close to Beratan Lake and Ulun Danu Temple.
- No Más – Futura Discoteca! Get your disco moves out and don’t stop dancing. No Más features ongoing DJ sets of Jack n Roll and Robin from the Basement House in Jakarta.
- Desa Visesa – Welcome 2017 with a delicious 6-course dinner at Desa Visesa. Entertainment includes Balinese music and a parade.
- Alaya Resort– Enjoy superb food, live music and a glass of sparkling wine at the countdown.
- Maya Resorts – The top Chefs of the Maya Resorts created an exotic menu with flavors from Marrocco to Japan. The evening starts with a traditional Legong Dance, cocktails and canapés. Close to midnight, DJ Echa will play the right tunes to welcome 2017.
New Year’s Eve in North Bali
Spending New Year’s Eve in North Bali gives you the option to welcoming 2017 intimately at a quiet place with your closest family in your private villa but you can also head out to party.
- Spice Beach Club Lovina – This happening beach club in the north of Bali island features a fantastic ‘Jungle Fever’ program. Celebrate this New Year’s Eve with delicious New Year BBQ dinner, live music, enchanting dances and DJ’s after the countdown fireworks.
Now that you know where to go for an amazing New Year’s Eve in Bali, let the champagne flow! Enjoy the magic of this tropical island in the Indian Ocean and expect the sun to kiss you awake gently on the 1st of January, welcoming 2018 warmly indeed!
Looking for some romantic ideas instead? Check out these activities for two!
Selamat Tahun Baru / Happy New Year 🙂
See our villa collection in Bali. Selected and inspected by Villa-Finder.com