There are many reasons why people fly over to the island of Bali and one of them is… to get married. Yes, Bali is not only the #1 destination for honeymooners and lovers ready to pop the big question, the island is also one of the hottest wedding destinations in the world and it is easy to see why: gorgeous beaches and dramatic clifftops, mystical temples and lush rice terraces as far as the eye can see, rainforest valleys, waterfalls and volcanoes, Bali is stunning and utmost diverse! Also, not unimportant, Bali has the most amazing wedding villas, designed especially for large groups and special events such as gorgeous destination weddings. Imagine breathtaking views, expansive lawns, magical sunsets and fabulous prices. Bali: the ultimate wedding destination island!
Now, are you ready to pop the question or maybe you just got engaged? If you’re considering having a wedding in a villa in Bali, you should! Here’s some food for thought…
How to plan your wedding in a villa?
First of all, you need to find yourself a great wedding planner. Someone who knows Bali very well and has planned tons of beautiful weddings here on the island. Someone who knows all about the secret wedding spots and the most splendid large-capacity villas for your wedding. This wedding planner of yours needs to be knowledgeable, always on the ball and you will need to feel very comfortable and at ease with this person. After all, you are not just planning a weekend away to Bali – you are planning one of the biggest events in your life: your wedding.
Funny facts about getting married in Bali
1) Did you know, to have a legal wedding in Bali, you need to have a religion and on top of that, you and your husband or wife to be need have the same religion, too. Inter-religion marriages are not allowed in Indonesia.
2) Catholics are required to have a wedding in a chapel or church.
3) Maybe not funny but important to know; same-sex marriages are not allowed
4) Most wedding companies (or at least the good ones) will invite you to come to Bali long before your wedding date to shop for that perfect wedding venue. Yes, you can go see them for yourself with your own eyes and then choose. Ideal!
Beach weddings, clifftop weddings or is it going to be a waterfall jungle wedding?
We’ve got villas on the beach, on the edge of ocean cliffs, on the slopes of volcanoes and surrounded by rice paddy fields. Yes, we’ve even got villas in the jungle. More than enough places of exceptional beauty and luxury to host the wedding of a lifetime! So, what’s it going to be?
Here are some of our favourite wedding villas:
What do you need for the wedding party? In our opinion – you need a very big garden with a splendid swimming pool. How about some extra rice paddy views to top it off? Villa Mannao has it all and the villa itself features gorgeous modern designs of traditional houses built with teak wood and soaring rooftops. As the sun sets over the island, the views are breathtaking and the ambiance is just magical. You can take magnificent wedding photos! Villa Mannao is also located strategically from buzzing Seminyak and trending Canggu. This means the party can continue late into the night on Echo Beach or in a club in the heart of Seminyak.
Why choose this villa for your Bali wedding
- Fabulous rice paddy views as the backdrop
- Huge garden perfect for the wedding reception
- Large-capacity villa for up to 20 overnight guests
- Very well-priced
- Up to 80 seated guests and 100 standing guests
- 2 swimming pools for the post-wedding plunge
Another one of our all-time-favourite villas is Galante, located in Umalas, close to Canggu. The location is peaceful and secluded and the estate boasts a huge outdoor area and fantastic views of Bali’s emerald rice paddies. In the heart of the garden sparkles a gorgeous private pool flanked by a pool deck where you can set up the altar. Guests can be seated on the lawn and after the ceremony, the party can kick off – there is plenty of space! Villa Galante features authentic teak wooden pavilions brought over from the island of Java, large open-plan living areas furnished with antiques, a closed event space (yoga studio) and 6 bedrooms for up to 14 overnight guests.
Why book Villa Galante for your Bali Wedding?
- Magical views of rice paddies
- splendid 18-meter pool with a pooldeck to set up the wedding altar
- Authentic Indonesian teak wood houses
- Up to 50 wedding guests
- Peaceful yet strategic location in Umalas
Villa Surga One is a dramatic clifftop villa in the southern tip of Bali. Featuring a dreamy infinity pool with skyline views, the sense of infinity is truly enchanting. The villa is part of Surga Sinaran Estate; the most luxurious and high-end of all. With facilities like a tennis court, media lounge, and a private spa, it’ll feel like a royal wedding in some sort of fairytale palace. Another highlight is the on-site honeymoon suite with a private plunge pool of its own.
Amazing features for your Bali Wedding
- Perched on a 700-meter cliff
- Breathtaking infinity pool with ocean views
- 360-degrees sunset views
- Expansive lawns on both sides of the T-shaped pool
- Luxurious, fully self-contained honeymoon suite on-site (featuring a private pool!)
- A short drive from Bali’s most stunning white sand beaches (Melasti Beach, Pandawa, Green Bowl)
- 6-bedroom for up to 12 overnight guests
Villa Longhouse is located in the Jimbaran Hills, featuring a large, beautifully landscaped garden and terrific infinity pool with a shallow platform for the wedding ceremony to take place. Multiple levels, spectacular views from everywhere, spacious open spaces, Villa Longhouse is a contemporary yet Balinese inspired venue to host your Bali Wedding!
Highlights for your villa wedding in Bali
- Magnificent views of Jimbaran and the ocean
- 12-meter infinity pool
- 180-degrees hilltop views
- Cinema lounge with AC
- private gym
- Cliff-edge yoga pavilion (great for wedding photos!)
- Private spa
- Just 1 km from Bali’s International Airport
- Surprisingly affordable
The clifftop villas are highly sought-after for a good reason – just look at the views of the pool, sea and the sky at Villa Jamadara. This wedding villa features a large timber pool deck, manicured green grass lawns and an inviting infinity pool with a shallow area. Plenty of options for the ceremony, the wedding dinner, and the reception. The clifftop garden sits on 2,500 sqm of land and the estate has got 5 decadent bedrooms. Villa Jamadara is part of Ungasan Clifftop Resort which gives its guests access to the on-site tennis court, golf course and VIP access to Sunday’s Beach Club.
The perfect wedding venue? It sure is:
- 30-meter clifftop frontage
- 15-meter infinity pool
- 2,5000 sqm clifftop garden
- manicured lawns and timber decks
- VIP access to Sunday’s Beach Club
- Media room
- Tennis court, minigolf, gym & spa on-site
- Cliff-edge alfresco dining bale
- Rate includes a personal driver & nanny
Another jaw-dropping wedding villa at Ungasan Clifftop Resort in Uluwatu is Villa Ambar. Featuring a traditional Balinese design, a paradise-like clifftop garden and a crystal clear infinity pool blending in with the blues of the sea and the sky, this place is stunning! Just what you need for a dream wedding in Bali. VIP access to Sunday’s Beach Club, Alfresco and indoor areas for wedding-related gatherings, a personal driver at your service. Villa Ambar is nothing short of amazing!
Why Villa Ambar is an amazing wedding villa in Bali
- Oversized clifftop garden
- Fantastic 20-meter infinity pool
- Expansive lawns
- Open-concept living spaces with pool and ocean views
- Media lounge
- VIP access to Sunday’s Beach Club (post wedding photos?)
- Tennis court, mini golf and fitness on-site
- Personal chauffeur
- Ocean views
- fire pit on the pool
- 40-meter infinity pool & jacuzzi
- Expansive lawns
- Design by Felipe Gonzalez (SUKYF & Architects) and Ros Hemley (The Interior Space Australia Pty Ltd)
- Up to 16 overnight guests
- Pool table & ping pong
- Sonos Surround Sound System
Look for more inspiration? Check out 8 Villas with Jaw-dropping views to leave you awe-struck and The Best Luxury Villas in Bali.
See our villa collection in Bali. Selected and inspected by Villa Finder